Senior Entrepreneurial Fine Arts Consultant with over 20 years’ experience as a professional fine art consultant, fine art appraiser, curator to corporations, hospitals, financial institutions, and private individuals. Experience includes sales, marketing, contract negotiations, art acquisition, advisory services for current collections, fine art exhibitions and archival preservation. Partner with clients to build an art collection that both reflect the client’s interests and aesthetic needs along with creating a collection of great value. Since 1984, operated a corporate art consultation business.
Ohio University, Athens Ohio B.S., Magna cum Laude, Interior Design
Art Consultation – Professional Consultant:
- Review architectural drawings.
- Coordinate art layout and design with client expectations and functions.
- Analyze and evaluate furnishings for design of fine art within architectural furniture plans.
- Research and procure fine artwork (paintings, sculpture, tapestries, original prints, photography)
- Evaluate artwork, bids and proposals.
- Prepare budget proposals.
- Coordinate and plan artwork with prominent architects (including Cesar Pelli’s Office) and Department Heads.
- Write artwork specifications.
- Supervise delivery and installation of artwork.
- Site artwork per architectural plans.
- Oversee and assist with framing, lighting, selecting security hanging mechanisms, labeling of artwork, and plant placement for the protection and enhancement of artwork.
- Provide client with visuals and archival information of artwork and artists (as available).
- Provide artwork insurance evaluations.
- Provide documentation of art inventory.
Fine Art Service – Art Design, Layout, and Planning – Paintings / Sculptures / Photography / Tapestries.
Framing – Custom Framing / Archival & Protective Framing.
Installation – Site Planning & Supervision / Shipping.
Art Lighting – Consultation / Recommendations
Restoration – Complete Restoration and/or Repair, Re-installation.
(Partial) Summary of Past Projects:
Art consultant to two major healthcare systems, world-renowned with facilities in Ohio and Florida.
Provided fine art consultation to over 40 building and projects which included writing artwork specification and presenting proposals to the CEO, COO, Aesthetics Committee and Department Head Administrators.
- Art Consultant: Two major healthcare systems, Cleveland, Ohio
- Art Consultant: Benesch Law
- Art Consultant: Majestic Steel
- Art Consultant: Nuveen Investments, Chicago and Minneapolis
- Art Director, Out of L.A. Gallery, Cleveland, Ohio
- Director of Interiors, IKM/SGE , Pittsburg, Pennsylvania
- Director of Interior, Granzow & Guss, Architects, Inc., Columbus, Ohio
Curated Art Exhibits (selected list):
Nature: A Cure for Stress
Women in Art
Cleveland Institute of Art Invitational
- Cleveland Museum of Art
- Cleveland Museum of Art- Painting and Drawing Society Member
- Cleveland Museum of Art -Contemporary Society Member
- Cleveland Museum of Art -Photography Society member
- Art Institute of Chicago Member
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Cleveland member
- Society Arts in Healthcare (National Organization) Member
Society Arts in Healthcare: San Diego, California
Intown Club, Cleveland Ohio
Museum of Contemporart Art, Cleveland, Ohio “The Dynamic of Art Preservation”
WINN: The Fine Art of Art Collecting
Ursuline College: Art, color, Design.